Thursday 16 May 2013

THE HUMAN BODY...

Part of the science work we are covering at the moment in our galore park book is the human body so today we headed off to the London Natural History Museum to visit the human biology section. We visited the museum a few weeks ago but purposely missed this section as we wanted to cover it separately.

Alhamdulillaah we are blessed to have some amazing fellow homeschooling sisters around us who are doing some fantastic work maashaaAllaah. One of those sisters over at Iman's homeschool has recently shared some really useful note book worksheets and they fitted perfectly with what we are currently covering.

So with our note book sheets in hand off we went to the museum. The plan was to do the work there but because my mum also joined us and the kids were so excited we ended up covering almost the whole museum again which left little time for writing so we will be doing a follow up lesson on Monday inshaaAllaah where the children fill out their work sheets.

I was really shocked to discover just how much or should I say how little blood the human body has (and Allaah knows best). I don't know why but i expected it to be MUCH more. 

It was pretty hard to take lots of photos as I also had baby I and Z to look after but here are a few I managed to take along the way:







This was my lesson for the day! 





The children are already planning our next trip to return inshaaAllaah, i think it may be the gift shop they are after though lol 



1 comment:

  1. MashaAllah it looks like you had fun alongside learning.

    ReplyDelete