Friday 3 January 2014

RELAXED JUMU'AH...

So today is the blessed day of Jumu'ah which means that we have no set timetable in this house. A went masjid with my husband and L spent an hour working on the subject of money on conquer maths. Then when A returned he also done a little conquer maths. They both then worked in their Letts English workbooks.

The one thing I really like about conquer maths is how I am able to let them get on with it without having to be too involved. I can check their answers after and see any mistakes they made and discuss this with them to help them get a better understanding of where they went wrong. Today alhamdulillaah I was able to cook two dishes which means we can do something fun tomorrow inshaaAllaah without me having to stop and cook.

They both spent a good few hours sitting reading Roald Dahl books and then L spent about half an hour reading the oxford dictionary (yes I said a dictionary lol).

As I type this up the children and my husband are sat watching Planet Earth TV series. We have the DVD but it is available to watch on youtube. The benefit to watching documentaries such as these produced by mostly non muslims is that it gives us a chance to discuss the difference in beliefs on how things were created. When we hear the on the documentry about how things came about by chance, or evolved etc it opens up an opportunity to ask the children if they think this is correct and get into a detailed discussion. Alhamdulillaah its a tawheed lesson without even trying.

The two elder children are off to madrasah in the morning inshaaAllaah where they will stay for 3 hours so this will give me a chance to spend time with I and Z. I think tomorrow we will get messy with paints inshaaAllaah, that always seems to go down well with them....down the walls mainly but their laughter is worth all the mess! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment