Monday 2 January 2012

ACTING SHADY!!

So today we made a Solar System mobile. Children happily chose their planets (polystyrene balls) that they wanted to paint, L had a great idea to put them on kebab skewers to make it easier to paint them (I was shocked as it meant less paint on their hands which they usually love), the messy mat was out and away they went. Then I realised we had no Sun!! How could we make a 'Planets Orbiting Sun' mobile without the Sun?? Hmmm it was time for a quick search of the house. I searched the kitchen...nothing! I searched my bedroom...nothing! Then I entered A's room and there it was!! It was perfect, but I couldn't possibly take it from his room.....could I??? I did feel guilty for a minute or two (OK maybe a second) but I knew it would be perfect and I just had to have it. With a promise of a brand new one and a few persuasive words to A, his big round paper light shade was all mine. The result? See for yourself...










Now I am off to B&Q to get that new light shade I promised :-)

2 comments:

  1. maa shaa Allaah loove it! So creative they did a brilliant job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazakillaahu khayr for taking time to comment. The children really enjoyed working on this and Alhamdulillaah it came out really nice.

    ReplyDelete