Wednesday 25 January 2012

YEEEY - WE HAVE PHOTOS!!

Alhamdulillaah I now have a new usb cable for my camera so can share some of our work with you all.

We are still working hard on our solar system project and the children have completed quite a bit in the last few days MaashaaAllaah. As I mentioned in my previous post, we are now working around a main topic and branching all our other lessons off from that.



For yesterdays maths lesson we made a pictogram to show how many moons each planet has (this also led to an Islamic lesson but I will get to that part another time). This was a great way to show the children the number of moons for each planet in a way that they could actually visualise. Alhamdulillaah it worked as they have now memorised the facts in just one day. I find that if I just feed them information it is easily lost but if we do something like this then it actually sinks in, plus they enjoy the hands on making part.



The children also painted some paper plates to represent the planets and used them to show the surface temperature. These are now proudly displayed on our project wall (which we are running out of space on - no pun intended).




For arts and crafts the children made some pencil toppers (oh and I just had to make one of those), and also a sun catcher style planet display. 


Excuse the blinds!

A and L also started their own space diaries which they absolutely loved doing. I simply gave them a little black book each which they decorated to make into their space diaries and then each day they record their daily events as if they were a spaceman. For this I have left them to it when it comes to spellings, I will not be correcting them as they go along as I feel it holds them back with their imagination. Any words they spell incorrectly will simply give me an opportunity for a spelling test later down the line inshaaAllaah. 




It really has been all go in this house during the last week and there is so much more work we have to share with you but right now I am in demand from a 9 week old baby, so that's my time on the internet over for now.

I must learn to turn the date off of the camera, it is really annoying!!



No comments:

Post a Comment