Thursday 26 January 2012

IT'S ALL ABOUT ISLAM...

I have decided that we are going to use Friday mornings for our Islamic studies that will be separate to our main topic we are working on. We usually only work Monday - Thursday but from next week we will be doing 9am to 11am for Islamic studies before we get ready for Jumu'ah inshaaAllaah. Nothing too heavy, just a chance for us to focus completely on our deen and nothing else. 

I made my own cork style board out of some left over floor underlay that I found when sorting out the cupboard under my stairs. I simply sellotaped three sheets of board together and then covered it in green tissue paper. We will use this just for our Friday lessons so that the work we complete can stay displayed until the following lesson. We are going to be starting on the Knowing Allaah book from the Eemaan Made Easy series, and inshaaAllaah hope to work our way through the six pillars of eemaan using all the books in the set. 

We will also be learning a new Du'a each week inshaaAllaah and also discussing different manners using The Box of Manners available from Learning Roots. Our first Du'a will be the Du'a for entering the bathroom. The children know this already but they always forget to put it into practice so I want to discuss it's importance and cover it in more detail so the children fully understand why they should always make this Du'a before entering the bathroom. 



After seeing what I done with the underlay, my husband says he is scared to leave anything laying around in case I transform it into something school related lol 

I am really looking forward to starting this with A and L inshaaAllaah as there is nothing better than giving your children the gift of learning and understanding the deen, wa alhamdulillaah :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment